This 3-day whitewater kayak instruction course is designed to introduce beginner paddlers to the sport of whitewater kayaking.
- Outfitting a kayak
- Wet exits
- T-rescues, swimming and self-rescue
- Body positioning
- Strokes, edging and bracing techniques
- Reading rivers and hydrology
- Eddy turns, peel-outs and ferrying across the current
- Scouting rapids
- Basic safety precautions
- Paddling through class I-II whitewater
Mostly, we want to share our passion and enthusiasm for whitewater kayaking with you. This course includes all equipment necessary.